A quick reminder on what the RTO energy model did to the people of Texas (deadly outages during an artic storm) and California (devastating wildfires during the pandemic summer):
- Mother of 11-year-old Texas boy who died during power outage sues ERCOT, Entergy
- At least 12 die in weather-related incidents across Houston area
- Texas Deep Freeze Delivers Macquarie $210 Million Windfall
- Texans Slammed by Thousand-Dollar Power Bills After Storm
- His Lights Stayed on During Texas’ Storm. Now He Owes $16,752
- Poor Planning Left California Short of Electricity in a Heat Wave
After those two crises made global news, how did a bi-partisan group of North Carolina legislators respond? By filing a bill to… bring the Texas and California RTO debacle to North Carolina.
RTOs would mean higher power bills for North Carolina families but lower costs for the big tech companies pushing this legislation. They could cost thousands of North Carolinians their jobs. And, as we saw in California and Texas, they could cost lives, too.
Click here and sign up if you agree RTOs are a Really Terrible Option.